In Europe four major needs exist with respect to HEPA:
a) stop the decline of physical activity participation,
b) develop effective interventions including parents and outdoor physical activity in order to promote health enhancing physical activity,
c) focus on countries with high physical inactivity rates, such as the South-East Europe countries and
d) integrate new technologies into interventions aiming to promote health enhancing physical activities.
● Developing a research study on best practices about educational activities promoting outdoor physical activity participation;
● Conducting a field investigation of physical educators’, coaches’ and trainers’, and parents’ beliefs about how to improve parent-child
● Developing evidence-based educational tool including training resources for physical educators, trainers and coaches and parents;
● Testing the usability and effectiveness of the educational resources in helping physical educators, coaches and trainers, and parents promoting outdoor physical activity participation;
● Developing and proposing a European public policy to redefine and upgrade parent-child interactions and facilitate outdoor physical activity participation.
● Creating and developing of a dedicated mobile app. The development of a gamified model to encourage people involved in physical activity through provision of information and rewards for participation in outdoors physical activities is expected to further enhance the potential of the project’s outputs.
The EPSI team will present during the event in Genoa.
SPOKI project aims to increase children’s involvement in sports by using SportKompas, a sport orientation method developed at Ghent University. The project aims to help children between 8 and 10 choose sports that align with their interests and abilities. SportKompas provides guidance, data for teachers, and insights for local governments and universities.
2024 has just begun and the first months of work for the I3-INSHAPE project are behind us. Co-funded by the EU, it aims to enhance the European digital economy by transforming the ClusSport Partnership recognized by the EU into a European competence centre for SME sports and vitality initiatives, accelerating interregional innovation investments and creating the I3-INSHAPE Network of Innovation and Investment Hubs.