In Europe four major needs exist with respect to HEPA:
a) stop the decline of physical activity participation,
b) develop effective interventions including parents and outdoor physical activity in order to promote health enhancing physical activity,
c) focus on countries with high physical inactivity rates, such as the South-East Europe countries and
d) integrate new technologies into interventions aiming to promote health enhancing physical activities.
● Developing a research study on best practices about educational activities promoting outdoor physical activity participation;
● Conducting a field investigation of physical educators’, coaches’ and trainers’, and parents’ beliefs about how to improve parent-child
● Developing evidence-based educational tool including training resources for physical educators, trainers and coaches and parents;
● Testing the usability and effectiveness of the educational resources in helping physical educators, coaches and trainers, and parents promoting outdoor physical activity participation;
● Developing and proposing a European public policy to redefine and upgrade parent-child interactions and facilitate outdoor physical activity participation.
● Creating and developing of a dedicated mobile app. The development of a gamified model to encourage people involved in physical activity through provision of information and rewards for participation in outdoors physical activities is expected to further enhance the potential of the project’s outputs.
EPSI network increases its numbers: With Andorra Recerca + Innovaciò, we are now representing 23 Countries.
On the 25th and the 26th of July 2022, the MCE partnership organized an International Training for Sport Operators and a General Project Meeting in Volos (Greece).
July brings us three new organizations: let’s welcome them to the #InnovateSport network.