In Europe four major needs exist with respect to HEPA:
a) stop the decline of physical activity participation,
b) develop effective interventions including parents and outdoor physical activity in order to promote health enhancing physical activity,
c) focus on countries with high physical inactivity rates, such as the South-East Europe countries and
d) integrate new technologies into interventions aiming to promote health enhancing physical activities.
● Developing a research study on best practices about educational activities promoting outdoor physical activity participation;
● Conducting a field investigation of physical educators’, coaches’ and trainers’, and parents’ beliefs about how to improve parent-child
● Developing evidence-based educational tool including training resources for physical educators, trainers and coaches and parents;
● Testing the usability and effectiveness of the educational resources in helping physical educators, coaches and trainers, and parents promoting outdoor physical activity participation;
● Developing and proposing a European public policy to redefine and upgrade parent-child interactions and facilitate outdoor physical activity participation.
● Creating and developing of a dedicated mobile app. The development of a gamified model to encourage people involved in physical activity through provision of information and rewards for participation in outdoors physical activities is expected to further enhance the potential of the project’s outputs.
The Liguria Region, renowned for its natural landscape and sports facilities, is set to be evaluated by a committee in Genova, Italy, for the ‘European Region of Sport 2025’ award, recognizing its potential for sports innovation.
The European project I3-INSHAPE promotes interregional collaboration to accelerate the introduction of technological innovations to promote physical activity and well-being, boosting the economy across Europe.
BST.Coach became an EPSI member in October 2022, and in less than a year they have gotten their idea funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), also thanks to EPSI’s strategic partnership with the ESAl, signed last year. BST.Coach has always been an active member, attending both our annual events and different webinars, and supporting EPSI initiatives.