Take-back and re-use system from ski boot rentals for sorting and recycling of multiplastics components.
RESKIBOOT targets the problem of plastics waste management with a new model applied to ski boot construction.
RESKIBOOT value proposition is the provision of high-quality and cost-competitive ski boots made with recycled materials zeroing plastic post-processing waste and decreasing end-of-life disposal with the implementation of a take-back and re-use service for post-consumer ski boots.
- Launch on the market of ski boots made with about 90% of recycled raw materials (both for the construction of the external part and the internal part).
- Manufacture 1.000 pairs of ski boots, characterize and use them on real slopes.
- Develop an optimized manufacturing process for ski boots using about 90% recycled raw materials and eliminating processing offcuts.
- Define a circular economy business model for ski rentals.
- Define a new service for rentals to re-use the hard-outer shell and substitute the internal liner.
- Get an at least 7% reduction of ski boot final cost.
- Measure the environmental and circularity performance of the new product system and show the improvement compared to the current baseline situation.
- Provide guidelines for market replication of ski boots.
- Realize a certified environmental product declaration of the new ski boot and provide product category rules for other ski boots producers.
- Grifone Srl (BUL)
- Dalbello Srl (ITA)
- Rent a Sport Italia S.r.l. (ITA)
- Plastic Sort Srl (ITA)
- Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna – DICAM (ITA)
- Studio Fieschi & soci Srl (ITA)
- European Platform for Sport Innovation (BEL)
Latest EPSI News
The Liguria Region, renowned for its natural landscape and sports facilities, is set to be evaluated by a committee in Genova, Italy, for the ‘European Region of Sport 2025’ award, recognizing its potential for sports innovation.
The European project I3-INSHAPE promotes interregional collaboration to accelerate the introduction of technological innovations to promote physical activity and well-being, boosting the economy across Europe.
BST.Coach became an EPSI member in October 2022, and in less than a year they have gotten their idea funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), also thanks to EPSI’s strategic partnership with the ESAl, signed last year. BST.Coach has always been an active member, attending both our annual events and different webinars, and supporting EPSI initiatives.