In the EU, men exercise, play sport or engage in other physical activity more than women. The same inequalities exist in the number of women who are coaches or trainers, and in the number of women having leadership positions within sport club or organisations. One of the most important barriers preventing women in general from participating in physical activity is the lack of available childcare and the high cost of child-care.
FAMS aims at balancing the under-representation of women and mothers in sport, thus pursuing the promotion of employability through sport and the encouragement of social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport. In particular, FAMS aims at fostering gender equality in sports coaching and teaching and attaining equal representation and gender sensitivity in decision-making. In spite of some progress, discrepancies still exist in
terms of equal opportunities in some areas of sport. In this frame, FAMS aims at tackling the above-mentioned issues as well as providing concrete and efficient solutions to support mothers work-life balance and prevent the abandonment of sport by women.
- conduct a research aimed at identifying the educational needs of female sport amateur mothers in specific sectors connected with the sport field and mapping sectoral stakeholders such as educational providers, sport federations, sport managers, coaches and trainers and existent educational best practices regarding the abovementioned sectors;
- developing Technical Curricula specifically targeted at female amateur athletes mothers.
- create Training Formats based on the technical Curricula which will be tested through local programmes implemented by each partner organisation;
- develop a web-platform containing e-learning modules and video tutorials based on the curricula and a counselling APP providing psychological support and mentoring for female amateur athletes mothers who are dealing with discrimination and inequity at sport club.
Full List of Partners
- ASOCIATIA SE POATE
- MINE VAGANTI NGO
- UNIVERZITET UNION NIKOLA TESLA
- UNIVERSITATEA NATIONALA DE EDUCATIE FIZICA SI SPORT DIN BUCURESTI
- ZAJEDNICA SPORTSKIH UDRUGA GRADA RIJEKE RIJECKI SPORTSKI SAVEZ
- MUNDUS BULGARIA
Two major events with EPSI participation at the start of this week
EPSI contributes to two events related to sport innovation in Europe
The executive director of EPSI will be a speaker at One-Zero Summit
Alberto Bichi, execurite director of EPSI will be one of the speakers at One-Zero Summit in Dublin
EPSI and ESA with joint webinar to promote funding call “Space for Olympic Games”
In close collaboration with ESA, we are organizing a webinar on 27th of March to present their funding call.