Women’s Involvement in Steady Exercise
WISE is aimed at promoting active and healthy lifestyles among young women aged 15-25, tackling the gender gap existing in the practice of sport and physical activity, and avoiding possible dropouts. #BeWISE!
The project is aimed at encouraging participation in sport and physical activity since its main objective is to determine the influence of exercise and healthy lifestyle on body composition of young women aged 15-24 and to define a specific WISE Exercise Programme – a multidimensional model of dependence between body composition, lifestyle and nutrition which would enable the programming of optimal patterns of behaviour in life habits as a planned corrective measure and stimulate the young women in EU countries to avoid the drop out of sports.
- To provide quality information and knowledge about the benefits of sport and physical activity for young women aged 15-24.
- To make specific interventions to encourage the participation of young women in physical activity – and to reduce the drop-out phenomenon.
- To have a cross-sectoral approach by involving entities related to Sport, Health and Education.
- To train sports and health professionals in encouraging young women to make regular exercise and in helping them to avoid a possible withdrawal.
- To promote a specific exercise programme focused also on nutrition and body composition.
- To build a transnational network to pursue the project’s main purposes.
Full List of Partners
P1: European Platform for Sport Innovation (EPSI), Belgium
P2: University “Union – Nikola Tesla”, Faculty of Sport (FZS), Serbia
P3: European Culture and Sport Organization (ECOS), Italy
P4: Kinetic Analysis (KA), The Netherlands
P5: University of Valencia (UoV), Spain
P6: SPORTLAB S.S.D.A.R.L., Italy
Latest Project News
During last month, the consortium has been collecting designs and proposals by participants coming from all around the World: the winner is Arne Lawrence Sarmiento, who designed the best logo according to our jury.
In the framework of WISE, a contest for creating a logo for this project has been launched. WISE is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme.
On Thursday 21st January 2021, at 2 pm, the consortium of the project Women’s Involvement in Steady Exercise (WISE) held an online kick-off meeting (KoM) to start the project.