Take-back and re-use system from ski boot rentals for sorting and recycling of multiplastics components.
RESKIBOOT targets the problem of plastics waste management with a new model applied to ski boot construction.
RESKIBOOT value proposition is the provision of high-quality and cost-competitive ski boots made with recycled materials zeroing plastic post-processing waste and decreasing end-of-life disposal with the implementation of a take-back and re-use service for post-consumer ski boots.
- Launch on the market of ski boots made with about 90% of recycled raw materials (both for the construction of the external part and the internal part).
- Manufacture 1.000 pairs of ski boots, characterize and use them on real slopes.
- Develop an optimized manufacturing process for ski boots using about 90% recycled raw materials and eliminating processing offcuts.
- Define a circular economy business model for ski rentals.
- Define a new service for rentals to re-use the hard-outer shell and substitute the internal liner.
- Get an at least 7% reduction of ski boot final cost.
- Measure the environmental and circularity performance of the new product system and show the improvement compared to the current baseline situation.
- Provide guidelines for market replication of ski boots.
- Realize a certified environmental product declaration of the new ski boot and provide product category rules for other ski boots producers.
- Grifone Srl (BUL)
- Dalbello Srl (ITA)
- Rent a Sport Italia S.r.l. (ITA)
- Plastic Sort Srl (ITA)
- Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna – DICAM (ITA)
- Studio Fieschi & soci Srl (ITA)
- European Platform for Sport Innovation (BEL)
Latest EPSI News
The DigiFit Experience is a 12 month programme of specialised support to local grassroots sports organisations and clubs for investigating a problem and piloting possible digital solutions
From 19 to 21 October, a dedicated evaluation committee coordinated by ACES Europe looked over Monaco’s candidacy for this ambitious title.
The Member of the Year is a prize to recognize the involvement of a member in the EPSI community and the commitment for sports innovation. This year, it goes to Ms. Christina Tsiligkiri!