Approach towards a sporty and healthy lifestyle
APPLE Project aims to sensitize Europeans, especially children, towards the importance of a healthy lifestyle
The Project aims to sensitize European citizens, especially young people and children, towards the importance of conducting a healthy lifestyle. This target is going to be reached through a series of seminars and active lessons with boys and girls in schools and with meetings relevant stakeholders. These activities are focusing not only on sport promotion, but on health in a wider perspective. Working with young people is indeed crucial to improve health conditions of present and future society.
The Project works in the framework of encouraging participation in sport and physical activity, with a special focus on two of the pillars of the so-called “Tartu Call For A Healthy Lifestyle”, document of the European Commission launched during the opening of the European Week of Sport 2017 in Tartu (Estonia): sport and health.
The Project agrees with the European Commission idea of creating a joint action not only focusing on sport, but including a 360° health perspective. Through a series of activities, the Partners involved aim to create a common programme of school lessons and seminars dedicated, from one hand, to promote sport and physical activity and, from another hand, to promote and inform citizens and young people about the importance of healthy style of living.
- sensitize European citizens, especially young people and children, towards the importance of conducting a healthy lifestyle.
- encouraging participation in sport and physical activity, especially by supporting the implementation of the Council Recommendation on health-enhancing physical activity.
- Create implementation activities of the “Tartu Call For A Healthy Lifestyle”, document of the European Commission launched during the opening of the European Week of Sport 2017 in Tartu (Estonia).
- Follow the European Commission idea of creating a joint action not only focusing on sport, but including a 360° health perspective.
Full List of Partners
- S. S. Lazio Atletica Leggera (Italy);
- AaB (Denmark);
- Crvena Zvedza (Serbia);
- Feyenoord Rotterdam (The Netherlands);
- HASK Mladost (Croatia);
- Olympiacos SFP (Greece);
- Polisportiva Pontevecchio (Italy);
- SC Levski Sport for All (Bulgaria);
- European Platform for Sport Innovation – EPSI (Belgium);
The #BeActive awards will be commemorated via a fully online event on 8 December 2020 from 16.00 to 17.30 CET (Central European Time). EPSI is partner of the European Week of Sport.
In the framework of the SHARE Initiative, EPSI signs the document including sport-related proposed amendments to be adopted in the legislative procedures for different EU Funds.
The consortium of SmartSports4GoodLife is organising a Webinar on the advent of 5G in the realm of leisure and sports on Tuesday 24th November between 10.00h and 12.00h (CET).