EPSI Conference 2018
Organized by Pinnacle, Ghent University-Victoris and EPSI (European Platform of Sport Innovation) the Sports Tech Transfer and R&D Summit, embedded in a political momentum aims to promote knowledge exchange between academia and industry, to strengthen the cooperation and transfer of innovations from research labs into industrial exploitation in the field of sports.
It encouraged commercialization of innovative technologies developed at public and private research organizations and promote cooperation between research organizations and development groups in the sports sector. This tech transfer ultimately boosted cross regional business exploitation and promote collaboration.
main conference goals:
- Understanding the political landscape for the sport sector
- Boost innovation ideas supported by public private financial partnerships
- Facilitating cooperation and transfer of knowledge between universities,businesses and sports organizations
- Defining strategies for the development of evidence-based sports technologies
- Stimulating cross-industry innovation
- Improving networks among academic researchers, R&D managers andsports scientific staff members in teams
- ClusSport and regional collaboration through Sports Clustering
- Connecting Sport & Innovation
- Research Impact in the Sports Tech Industry
- Commercialization of Academic Science in Sport
- Early Stage Innovation and Industry-Academia Collaboration
- Startups Acceleration, Incubation and Mentorship – Sports Industry Perspective
- Financing Sports Industry Startups & SMEs
- Scale-up Strategies – From Startup to Scale-up?
- Innovation Hubs Enabled by Sporting Clubs & Organizations
- Cost & Economics of Technology Licensing / Transfer – Understanding Best Practice to Achieve Success
- Achieving Effective R&D Consortia – International Strategic Alliances to
Facilitate Technology Advancements in Sport
- Role of Social Media & Digital Marketing – Digitalization in Sport Technology Transfer